About The Game
The award-winning action RPG is back, bigger and better than ever! Torchlight II takes you once more into the quirky, fast-paced world of bloodthirsty monsters, bountiful treasures, and sinister secrets - and, once again, the fate of the world is in your hands!
Torchlight II captures all the flavor and excitement of the original game - while expanding the world and adding the features players wanted most, including online and LAN co-op multiplayer. Torchlight II is fast, fun, and filled to the brim with action and loot. Adventure solo or online with your friends! http://www.torchlight2game.com
- Multiplayer: Play co-op with your friends via LAN or over the Internet for free. No subscriptions, no item sales. Our new matchmaking service lets you find friends, start new games, and join existing games. And, as always, you can play single-player offline as well.
- Customizable Characters: Players will create and customize a character from one of four brand new classes. Each class can be played as either male or female, with customized cosmetic features and looks to make each individual character stand out. All new skills and loot give loads of opportunity for unique character builds.
- Moddability: TorchED, the Torchlight II editor, will give players the ability to create their own mods, adding even more content to the world. Have your friends download the same mod and play together.
- New User Interface: Torchlight II boasts a new and improved user interface, designed to be easier than ever for new players to pick up and play. This intuitive interface ensures you can focus on playing the game the way you want to.
- Open World: We're not only in the town of Torchlight anymore! Explore vast overland areas and multiple hub towns, fight through rain, snow, day and night. Our level randomization ensures new layouts, paths, loot, and monsters every time you play.
- New Game Plus: In New Game Plus, the game's not over until you say it is. Once you've beaten Torchlight II's primary campaign, you can start again with the same character for a significantly greater challenge. You'll keep all of the skills, gold, and gear you worked so hard for!
- Pets & Fishing: These popular features make their return in Torchlight II in improved form. More choices, better effects, and your pet will still make the run to town to sell your loot so you don't have to.
Software: Wine and steam.
OS: Windows XP SP3/Vista/Windows 7
Processor: x86-compatible 1.4GHz or faster processor
Memory: 1GB System RAM
Hard Disk Space: 1.2GB free space (subject to change)
Video Card: DirectX compatible 3D graphics card with at least 256MB of addressable memory.
These are the minimum requirements for Windows 7/Vista/XP. However, I have always had better luck when these specs are slightly higher, on account of playing through WINE.
About The Company
Runic Games, located in Seattle, is a veteran team composed of the designers and leads of projects including Diablo, Diablo II, Mythos, Fate, and Torchlight, which won the Game Developer's Choice Award for Best Debut of 2009.
Some Gameplay Screenshots
Getting It To Run
Ok, first things first. Head on over and grab Steam, if you haven't already done so. WINE should install it with no problems. You will need Winetricks from Synaptic to get some needed files for steam to run properly. These files are corefonts and vcrun6, both from winetricks. For example:
After steam is installed, search for Torchlight II from the Steam store front.
After downloading Torchlight II, I had to make no other changes to get this game running.