Bacon Cheeseburger Meat Loaf
3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/4 cup dill pickle relish
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix bread and milk. Let stand 5 minutes to absorb milk. Add beef, all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon, the shredded cheese, relish, onion, garlic and egg. Mix until well combined. Shape mixture into 8x4-inch loaf. Place in pan.
- In small bowl, stir together Topping ingredients. Spread on top and sides of loaf. Top with reserved 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160ºF. Cool 10 minutes.
- Cut meat loaf into slices to serve. Top with desired burger toppings, such as pickle relish, ketchup and mustard.