Slow Cooker Cheesy Mexican Chicken
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 package mild taco seasoning mix
1 can (10 oz) mild enchilada sauce
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
2 packages (8.2 oz each) Old El Paso™ fiesta rice
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Spray 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Place cubed chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning mix over chicken; stir, making sure all pieces are well coated. Stir in enchilada sauce and tomatoes. Stir once again until well combined.
3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 hours.
4. Uncover; sprinkle cheese over chicken. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 10 minutes longer.
5. Meanwhile, cook rice as directed on packages.
6. Serve chicken over rice. Top with cilantro if desired.
Make a double batch of this recipe and pack leftovers for an excellent lunch the next day.
Not only does this cheesy Mexican chicken taste great on rice, it also is great in wraps or as a salad topper.