Slow-Cooker Creamy Tomato Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 jar (15 oz) Alfredo sauce
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 box (12 oz) uncooked pasta (such as penne or mostaccioli)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (2 oz), if desired
1. Spray 3 to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Arrange chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Top with garlic, basil, oregano and pepper.
2. In separate bowl, stir together Alfredo sauce, tomatoes and tomato sauce until well combined. Pour mixture over chicken.
3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
4. 10 to 15 minutes before serving time, cook pasta as directed on package. In small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water; stir into mixture in slow cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cook uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer.
5. Serve chicken with pasta; top with cheese.
Options: Serve over rice or quinoa.