Loaded Mashed Potato-Stuffed Biscuits
4 1/2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix **
1 1/3 cups milk
10 slices (12 oz) cooked and crumbled bacon
1/2 cup chopped green onions (8 medium)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pouch Betty Crocker™ homestyle creamy butter mashed potatoes, prepared as directed on pouch
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
** See our homemade Bisquick mix recipe here http://recipes.dm-enterprises.net/?p=recipe&recipe=289
1. Heat oven to 375F. Lightly grease or spray bottom and side of 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In large bowl, mix Original Bisquick® mix, milk, 1/2 cup of the crumbled bacon, 1/4 cup of the green onions and the garlic powder until smooth soft dough forms.
3. On surface lightly sprinkled with Bisquick mix, pat dough 1/2 inch thick. Use round biscuit cutter to cut dough into 16 (3-inch) biscuits.
4. On 8 of the biscuits, spoon a heaping tablespoon of the mashed potatoes and a tablespoon of the crumbled bacon onto the centers (you may not use all the potatoes). Top with another biscuit; pinch edges to seal. Transfer to cake pan. Arrange biscuits evenly in pan, with 1 biscuit in the center and 7 surrounding it. Sprinkle tops and sides of biscuits with 3/4 cup of the shredded Cheddar cheese.
5. Bake biscuits about 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese and the mozzarella cheese on top of biscuits. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining green onions and crumbled bacon.
Be careful not to overwork the biscuit dough so it stays soft and fluffy.
Serve the biscuits with an egg bake, fruit, granola or yogurt for a full "brinner" meal.