Make-Ahead Slow-Cooker Asian Peach Chicken Thighs
To Freeze/Slow Cook
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
20 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 bag (12 oz) frozen sliced peaches
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
2 cups hot cooked white rice
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup chopped roasted, salted cashews
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. In labeled 1-gallon freezer bag, place honey, soy sauce, melted butter and chili garlic sauce; seal bag. Knead bag to mix well. Add chicken and frozen peaches; squeeze bag to thoroughly coat chicken and peaches in sauce. Lay flat, and freeze up to 3 months.
2. Thaw 12 to 24 hours in refrigerator, until completely thawed.
3. Pour contents of bag into 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours.
4. In a small bowl, beat cornstarch and cold water. Quickly stir into chicken mixture in slow cooker; cover. Increase heat to High heat setting; cook 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened.
5. Divide rice among 4 bowls. Divide chicken mixture among bowls of rice. Top with remaining ingredients.
Sushi rice makes a great sticky side for this peachy dish, but any white rice will do.
Not crazy about cilantro? Try Thai or Italian basil instead.