Brown Sugar Meatloaf
This is an easy, quick meatloaf that tastes as good as it smells.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Additional Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 90 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Brown Sugar (packed) ...1/2 cup (118 ml)
Ketchup...1/2 cup (118 ml)
Ground Beef (lean) ...1 1/2 pounds (680 g)
Onion small (to taste) ... chopped
Saltine Cracker crumbs (finely crushed) ...3/4 cup (177 ml)
Milk...3/4 cup (177 ml)
Salt...1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml)
Black Pepper...1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml)
Ginger (ground)...1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
2. Lightly grease a 5X9 inch (13X23 cm) loaf pan.
3. Spread the brown sugar evenly over the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
4. Spread the ketchup evenly over the brown sugar.
5. in a mixing bowl thoroughly mix the ground beef, onion, Saltine crackers, milk, eggs, salt, black pepper and ginger. Form into a loaf and place on top of the ketchup and brown sugar.
6. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven or until the juices are clear.
7. Move the cooked meatloaf into a larger pan, carefully pour off the excess fat from the cooking pan, mix the remaining ketchup and brown sugar and pour over the top meatloaf.
Let stand for about 10 minutes, slice and serve.