Have you ever wanted bacon and candy but you just couldn't make up your mind? Well, now you can have both! Pig Candy is a great treat that will impress your friends and make your neighbors jealous.
12 oz thick cut bacon. About 11-12 pieces.
1/3 cup brown sugar.
1/4 cup pure Grade A maple syrup.
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, and cayenne powder.
- Line a baking sheet with a sheet of tinfoil. Place a baking or cooling rack atop the lined baking sheet and lay the bacon side-by-side.
- Sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture onto the bacon, pressing it into the bacon to be sure it adheres.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until very lightly brown. Take the bacon out of the oven and brush the top side of the bacon with maple syrup. Return to the oven to bake for an additional 2-3 minutes. After the 3 minute mark, flip the bacon over, and sprinkle the bacon with the remaining brown sugar mixture. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Brush the top side with maple syrup and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Allow the bacon to reach room temperature or until it's cool enough to handle and then transfer the bacon to a sheet of parchment or a plate. Store any leftovers in refrigerator.