Tomato Basil Filets
A quick and easy tilapia dish that tastes as good as it looks. Served with lemon wedges and garden salad with vinegar and oil dressing.
2 - Tablespoons (30 ml) Fresh Lemon Juice
2 - Tablespoons (30 ml) Grated Lemon peel
2 - Teaspoons (10 ml) Olive Oil
4 - Tilapia Filets - about 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) thick - 1lb. (454 grams)
3 - Tablespoons (45 ml) Basil leaves (fresh, chopped)
1/2 - Teaspoon (2.5 ml) Salt
1/2 - Teaspoon Lemon Pepper Seasoning
1 - Can 14.5 oz. (411 g) Diced Tomatoes (drained)
6 - Tablespoons (90 ml) Parmesan Cheese (grated or shredded)
1. Preheat oven to 400F (204C)
2. Lightly grease an 11X7 inch (28X18 cm) baking dish.
3. In a shallow dish combine lemon juice, lemon peel, lemon pepper seasoning and oil.
4. Dip filets in the lemon and oil mixture, turning to coat.
5. lace coated filets in a baking dish.
6. Sprinkle filets evenly with salt, pepper, basil, and spoon on tomatoes.
7. Cover filets evenly with grated/shredded cheese.
8. Cover with foil - bake 15 to 20 minutes or until filets flake easily with a fork.