PCLinuxOS Magazine August 2009
All Magazine Issues
- Editor's WelcomeAfter last month's many releases, there's even more just around the corner. XFCE, LXDE and e17 remasters are on the way!
- Special Announcement:
PCLinuxOS LXDE Released!The PCLXDE 2009.1 LiveCD features the LXDE desktop with lightweight applications for low end computers. It is small, fast and fun.
- Konqueror KornerKonqueror is extremely customizable. Here is a collection of tips and information to make the most of it.
- KDE KornerTips, Tricks, Apps and more for KDE
- Master The RemasterTex pitches in with a howto on creating the Perfect Remaster.
- Using Bookmarks in KonquerorThe funniest part is that it's so basic and simple that I couldn't figure out how I hadn't ever thought of it before!
- Deep Within the Blogosphere - Interview with WericLinux is becoming a better operating system, and the development is moving faster as more people begin to contribute. Eventually, development will be at such a pace that no single company could compete, even MS.
- Double Take / Mark's Quick Gimp TipAnother great cartoon and tips for success with Gimp.
- Timeth Wins PCLinuxOS Mascot Competition!Users visiting MyPCLinuxOS.com voted on their favorite mascot. The top three vote recipients were then voted on by the PCLinuxOS developers to decide the final winner.
- Repo Spotlight: addlocale and Get OpenOfficeAddlocale - Until now, the only way to help my friends adopting the best Linux distro was to figure out how to get PCLinuxOS in Italian.
GetOpenOffice - GOO addresses all potential pitfalls when upgrading OpenOffice.
- PCLinuxOS International Community UpdateSince most PCLinuxOS users hail from the English-speaking world, I've invited members of the international community to update the rest of us on what kind of activities are going on in their corners of the PCLinuxOS world.
- Flashback: Creating a Favorite Application MenuBased on the original article by Pam Dougan in the April 2007 issue of PCLinuxOS Magazine.
- Wiki Wicket: Install/Setup checkgmailA column that features entries from the PCLinuxOS Wiki.
- 10 Commandments for Linux Users"Thou shalt not ... "
- Behind The Scenes: Old-Polack InterviewAn old guy at Best Buy pointed out that I could buy a Linux distribution, and would actually own it!
- Installing PCLinuxOS Without a CD/DVDAdd a boot entry to Windows to boot into the PCLinuxOS Live environment to install or just use it in 'Live' mode.
- Did You Know?The Linux kernel is an incredible piece of work. It provides the basis of one of the foremost representatives of open source software.
- Through The LensThe digital camera is not the only way to create digital photographs. If you have a large collection of photographs, an image scanner, is a necessity to get that collection onto your hard drive.
- Forum FoiblesFun at the Forum!
- Audio File Format ComparisionLast month we looked at image formats, now it is time to consider audio. Find out which format to use for your next sound project.
- almigi's WelcomeOver the course of the past few months, I've tried a few distros out, and learned a fair amount about Linux. ... What really sets distros apart (in my opinion) are:...
- Startup Volume ScriptSometimes while listening to music I will forget to lower the volume. So I wrote a small script.
- Ruel24: Profile of a Linux ArtistI've been using Linux since I first installed Red Hat 5.2. ... I installed Mandrake 7.0. That was the turning point in my life. Suddenly, Linux was a very viable alternative.
- PCLOS Arisin'Read and listen to ms_meme's musical tribute to the progress of our favorite distro!
Top | Next