PCLinuxOS Magazine September 2009
All Magazine Issues
- KDE 4.3 and Windows 7 ComparisonToday I'm comparing the interfaces for Windows 7 and KDE 4.3, making note of how they compare, differ and which one is best for 'Joe User'.
- Wiki Wicket: Share A Printer To Windows Without SambaSharing a printer with a Windows box usually requires Samba. In this tutorial, I will show you how to do it, without.
- Secure Passwords with opensslIf you have ever had to attempt to create a secure password, you may have undoubtedly tried to join together phrases, words and numbers in a seemingly random manner.
- Through The Lens: Photo Management SoftwareIf you are like me and have a large collection of photographs, you will need software to organize your collections. PCLinuxOS has several pieces of software to accomplish this task.
- How To Set Up Easy Samba File SharingThis method will enable you to set up Samba Shares with or with needing to use passwords.
- Double Take/GIMP TipWhether it's removing scratches from old photographs, restoring and sharpening digital images, or enhancing your photos, the Gimp can do it all!
- IRC: The Forgotten Chat FrontierDue to the popularity of instant messenger programs, like Yahoo! Messenger and MSN Messenger, IRC has became the forgotten frontier for a lot of computer users.
- Acer Aspire OneI would like to detail my experience with PCLinuxOS on my Acer Aspire One … All in all, PCLinuxOS suits the Aspire One rather well.
- AnagramsFor a little fun, check out these clever anagrams.
- Forum Foiblesms_meme has collected a bit of wisdom from forum signatures.
- Behind The Scenes: Neal BrooksThis month, we get the opportunity to meet with Neal Brooks, a PCLinuxOS Packager and Forum Moderator, and get a chance to get to know him better.
- Computer Languages A to Z: C/C++This article will concentrate on C and C++. C is the language which was used to port the original Unix operating system from the assembly language. It is used to write most of Linux.
- Scripts-R-Us: Repo Speed TestA few months ago, one of our forum members asked for a basic script that would test the download speed for various PCLinuxOS repository mirrors. This article is based on the script posted on the forum.
- Video File Format ComparisonIn my series of articles comparing various file formats, I turn my attention to video file formats.
- Ms_meme's Nook: In the PCLOS MoodA musical tribute to PCLOS!
- Movie Archiving With dvd::ripPut all of you CD's and DVD's on single hard drive!
- Cheap Film ScannerCreate high quality 'scans' using your digital slr camera.